Tumor location, time of evolution of facial paralysis, and preoperative identification of poor prognosis factors are the key elements for preoperative planning for tumor resection and facial nerve reconstruction.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Immediate facial reanimation in oncological parotid surgery with neurorrhaphy of the masseteric-thoracodorsal-facial nerve branch.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 54: 520-525
- Nerve repair and cable grafting for facial paralysis.Facial Plast Surg. 2008; vol. 24: 170-176
- A failsafe method to avoid injury to the great auricular nerve.Aesthet Surg J. 2014; 34: 16-21
- Facial nerve reconstruction with concurrent masseteric nerve transfer and cable grafting.JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2016; 18: 335-339
- The motor nerve to the masseter muscle: an anatomic and histomorphometric study to facilitate its use in facial reanimation.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2012; 65: 363-366
- Static support in the facial palsy patient: a case series of 51 patients using tensor fascia lata slings as the sole treatment for correcting the position of the mouth.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2014; 67: 350-357
- Effect of postoperative brachytherapy and external beam radiotherapy on functional outcomes of immediate facial nerve repair after radical parotidectomy.Head Neck. 2014; 36: 113-119
- Does a positive neural margin affect outcome in facial nerve grafting?.Head Neck. 2007; 29: 546-549
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.