The facial nerve runs over the superficial temporalis fascia along part of the zygomatic arch; for this reason, it is important to conduct dissection of the deep temporalis fascia.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Discopexy using resorbable pins in temporomandibular joint arthroscopy: clinical and magnetic resonance imaging medium-term results.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2016; 44: 479-486
- Modified temporomandibular joint disc repositioning with miniscrew anchor: part i—surgical technique.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015; 73: 47.e1-47.e9
- Complications of TMJ surgery.Oral Maxillofacial Surg Clin N Am. 2015; 27: 109-124
- Diskectomy in temporomandibular joints with internal derangement.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 1997; 83: 314-320
- Illustrated surgical techniques for management of impingements of the temporomandibular joint.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013; 42: 229-236
- Diagnostic Criteria for temporomandibular disorders (DC/TMD) for clinical and Research Applications: recommendations of the international RDC/TMD consortium network∗ and orofacial pain special interest group†.J Oral Facial Pain Headache. 2014; 28: 6-27
- The discomallear ligament: anatomical, microscopical, and radiologic analysis.Surg Radiol Anat. 2020; 42: 559-565
- Tinnitus in temporomandibular joint disorders: is it a specific somatosensory tinnitus subtype?.Int Tinnitus J. 2016; 20: 83-87
- Outcomes of office-based temporomandibular joint arthroscopy: a 5-year retrospective study.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2018; 47: 90-97
- The Mitek mini anchor for TMJ disc repositioning: surgical technique and results.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2001; 30: 497-503
- Disk repositioning surgery of the temporomandibular joint with bioabsorbable anchor.J Craniofac Surg. 2013; 24: 1792-1795
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.