MRI is the imaging technique of choice for the evaluation of the soft tissue anatomic structures in the TMJ, being the best option to evaluate the shape and position of the disk.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- ACR – ASNR – SPR Practice parameter for the performance of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the Head and Neck. Revised 2018 – Resolution 16.(Available at:)Accessed 2018)
- Contemporary imaging of the temporomandibular joint.Dent Clin North Am. 2008; 52: 875-890
- ACR practice parameter for performing and interpreting magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).(Resolution 10 Available at:)Accessed 2017)
- Diagnosis of temporomandibular joint disorders: indication of imaging exams.Braz J Otorhinolaryngol. 2016; 82: 341-352
- The importance of multisection sagittal and coronal magnetic resonance imaging evaluation in the assessment of temporomandibular joint disc position.Clin Oral Investig. 2021; 25: 159-168
- Recommendations of the ESSR arthrtis subcommittee for the use of magnetic resonance imaging in musculoskeletal rheumatic diseases.Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 2015; 19: 396-411
- Imaging of the TMJ.in: Shaun Matthews N. Dislocation of the Temporomandibular Joint. A guide to diagnosis and management. Springer, 2018: 9-37
- Magnetic resonance imaging of temporomandibular joint disc abnormalities: a pictorial essay.J Oral Maxillofac Radiol. 2013; 1: 99-103
- MRI imaging of Temporomandibular Joint Disfunction: a pictorial review.RadioGraphics. 2006; 26: 765-781
- Should the orthodontic brackets always be removed prior to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)?.J Oral Biol Craniofac Res. 2016; 6: 142-152
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.