Unilateral condylar hyperactivity is a condition characterized by progressive unilateral condylar growth leading to enlargement of the condylar head, neck, ramus, and/or corpus of the mandible, resulting in facial asymmetry and/or malocclusion.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Case history of Mary Keefe (suppl.).Medical Section of the British Association, Bristol Meeting. 1836;
- Aetiology, clinical features and treatment of mandib- ular deformity.Br Dent J. 1960; 108: 41
- Hyperplasia of the mandibular condyle. A historical review of important early cases with a presentation and analysis of twelve patients.J Maxillofac Surg. 1980; 8: 161
- Benign conditions of the temporomandibular joint: a diagnostic dilemma.Br J Oral Surg. 1983; 21: 222
- Histopathological and scintigraphic features of condylar hyperplasia.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1990; 19: 65
- Bone scanning with 99mtechnetium phosphate to assess condylar hyperplasia. Report of two cases.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1985; 60: 356
- Acquired unilateral condylar hyperplasia and facial asymmetry: report of case.Am J Dent Child. 1985; 52: 114
- Condylar hyperplasia and mandibular asymmetry: a review.J Oral Surg. 1968; 26: 281
- No signs of metabolic hyperactivity in patients with unilateral condylar hyperactivity: an in vivi positron tomography study.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009; 67: 576-581
- Condylar hyperplasia and mandibular asymmetry: a review.J Oral Surg. 1963; 1: 105
- Unilateral hyperplasia of the jaws in the young.Int Dent J. 1953; 3: 451
- Condylar hyperplasia. A clinico-pathological analysis of 22 cases.J Maxillofac Surg. 1986; 14: 209
- Hemimandibular hyperplasia—hemi- mandibular elongation.J Maxillofac Surg. 1986; 14: 183
- A classification system for conditions causing condylar hyperplasia.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2014; 72: 567-595
- Bone scintigraphy as a diagnostic method in unilateral hyperactivity of the mandibular condyles: a review and meta-analysis of the literature.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 40: 11-17
- SPECT bone scintigraphy in the diagnosis and management of mandibular condylar hyperplasia.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2000; 38: 87
- The value of bone scanning in the pre-operative decision-making in patients with pro- gressive facial asymmetry.Nucl Med Commun. 1996; 17: 562
- Computerized skeletal scintigraphy for the assessment of mandibular asymmetry.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1984; 42: 513
- Quantitative assessment of isotope activity in the tem- poromandibular joint region as a means of assessing unilateral con- dylar hypertrophy.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1985; 60: 15
- Thickness of the soft 1989 tissue layers and the articular disk in the temporomandibular joint.Acta Odontol Scand. 1977; 35: 77
- Hyperplasia of the mandibular condyle: clinical, histopathologic, and treatment considerations in a series of 36 patients.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 69: 447-455
- Condylar hyperplasia treated by simultaneous orthognathic surgery and high condy- lectomy. A case report.Rev Odont Cienc. 2008; 23: 407
- Treatment of condylar hyperplasia of the mandible using unilateral ramus osteotomies.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1996; 54: 1161
- High condylectomy versus proportional condylectomy: is secondary orthognathic surgery necessary?.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 45: 72-77
- Low condylectomy as the sole treatment for active condylar hyperplasia: facial, occlusal and skeletal changes. An observational study.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015; 44: 217-225
- Three-dimensional skeletal changes after early proportional condylectomy for condylar hyperplasia.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2019; 48: 941-951
- An updated protocol for the treatment of condylar hyperplasia: computer- guided proportional condylectomy.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2019; 77: 1457-1465
- Efficacy of proportional versus high condylectomy in active condylar hyperplasia. A systematic review.J Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surg. 2019; 47: 1222-1232
- Surgical management of mandibular condylar hyperplasia type 1.Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent). 2009; 22: 321-329
- Cuál es la relación entre hiperplasia condílea y la disfunción temporomandibular?.Rev Esp Cir Oral Maxilofac. 2021; 43: 85-89
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.