Total ear reconstruction is one of the most technically challenging operations performed by reconstructive surgeons with a steep learning curve.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Fabrication and use of a surgical template for placing implants to retain an auricular prosthesis.J Prosthet Dent. 1999; 81: 228-233
- Auricular reconstruction for microtia: a review of available methods.Plastic Surg. 2014; 22: 39-43
- Surgical concepts for reconstruction of the auricle: History and current state of the art.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1986; 112: 388-397
- Implant-retained craniofacial prostheses for facial defects.GMS Curr Top Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2011; 8: Doc03
- Auricular Reconstruction.Thieme, Germany2016
- Prosthetic Reconstruction of the Auricle: Indications, Techniques, and Results.Semin Plastic Surg. 2011; 25: 265-272
- Current management of microtia: a national survey.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2013; 37: 402-408
- Pre and post-operative psychological functioning in younger and older children with microtia.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2015; 68: 492-497
- Facial Defects Restored With Extraoral Implant-Supported Prostheses.J Craniofac Surg. 2007; 18: 1086-1090
- Complications after Total porous implant ear reconstruction and their management.Facial Plast Surg. 2015; 31: 617-625
- An analysis of 123 temporoparietal fascial flaps: anatomic and clinical considerations in total auricular reconstruction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1999; 104: 1295-1306
- Assessment of temporal bone thickness for implantation of a new active bone-conduction transducer.Otol Neurotol. 2021; 42: 278-284
- Polyethylene ear reconstruction: a state-of-the-art surgical journey.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2018; 141: 461-470
- Ear reconstruction using a porous polyethylene framework and temporoparietal fascia flap.Facial Plast Surg. 2009; 25: 181-189
- Aesthetic microtia reconstruction with Medpor.Facial Plast Surg. 2008; 24: 120-128
- The psychosocial consequences of reconstruction of severe ear defects or third-degree microtia with rib cartilage.Aesth Surg J. 2008; 28: 404
- Auricular reconstruction using porous polyethylene implant technique.Facial Plast Surg Clin. 2018; 26: 69-85
- Long-term outcomes of craniofacial implants for the restoration of facial defects.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2018; 47: 773-782
- International consensus recommendations on microtia, aural atresia and functional ear reconstruction.J Int Adv Otol. 2019; 15: 204
- Clinical evaluation of three total ear reconstruction methods.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2009; 62: 1550-1554
© 2021 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.