The combined approach for the removal of submandibular gland sialoliths is indicated for multiple reasons including large sialoliths, fibrosed sialoliths, and the inability to cannulate the duct.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Sialolithiasis. A survey on 245 patients and a review of the literature.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1990; 19: 135-138
- Glandular function after intraoral removal of salivary calculi from the hilum of the submandibular gland.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004; 42: 538-541
- Transoral removal of submandibular hilar stone and sialodochoplasty.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2008; 139: 235-239
- Submandibular gland excision: short- and long-term complications.ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 1994; 56: 87-91
- Significance of unilateral submandibular gland excision on salivary flow in noncancer patients.Laryngoscope. 1998; 108: 812-815
- Outcome and relative cost of transoral removal of submandibular calculi.J Laryngol Otol. 2011; 125: 386-389
- Advantages of intraoral removal over submandibular gland resection for proximal submandibular stones: a prospective randomized study.Laryngoscope. 2010; 120: 2189-2192
- Sialendoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of sialolithiasis: a study on more than 1000 patients.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012; 147: 858-863
- Long-term experience with endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of salivary gland inflammatory diseases.Laryngoscope. 2000; 110: 988-993
- Algorithms for treatment of salivary gland obstructions.Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2009; 42: 1173-1192
Published online: July 03, 2018
Disclosure: The author has nothing to disclose.
© 2018 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.