Diagnostic sialendoscopy should be the initial approach to manage sialolithiasis of the submandibular gland whenever possible.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Endoscopic-controlled laser lithotripsy of salivary calculi. In vitro studies and initial clinical use.HNO. 1990; 38 ([in German]): 247-250
- New method of examination of the salivary glands: the fiberscope.Inf Dent. 1990; 72 ([in French]): 785-786
- Endoscopic techniques in oral and maxillofacial surgery.Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2010; 22: 169-182
- Gustatory sweating following submandibular salivary gland removal.Br Dent J. 1985; 158: 17-18
- The use of sialendoscopy for the treatment of multiple salivary gland stones.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2014; 72: 89-95
- The surgical management of submandibular gland disease.Atlas Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 1998; 6: 29-50
- Selective management of obstructive submandibular sialadenitis.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008; 46: 46-49
- Sialoendoscopy and salivary gland sparing surgery.Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2009; 21: 323-329
- Intra-oral removal of stones from the hilum of the submandibular gland: report of technique and morbidity.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004; 33: 683-686
- New techniques for the treatment of salivary lithiasis: sialoendoscopy and extracorporal lithotripsy: 1773 cases.Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac. 2004; 121 ([in French]): 123-132
- Long-term experience with endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of salivary gland inflammatory diseases.Laryngoscope. 2000; 110: 988-993
- Submandibular diagnostic and interventional sialendoscopy: new procedure for ductal disorders.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2002; 111: 27-35
- Interventional sialoendoscopy: early clinical results.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008; 66: 954-962
Disclosure: The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2018 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.