Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
- Mistakes in ultrasound examination of salivary glands.J Ultrason. 2016; 16: 191-203
Hoffman HT, editor. Iowa head and neck protocols “Salivary Ultrasound”. Available at: https://medicine.uiowa.edu/iowaprotocols/salivary-ultrasound. Accessed November 20, 2017.
- AIUM practice guideline for the performance of ultrasound examinations of the head and neck.J Ultrasound Med. 2014; 33: 366-382
AIUM practice parameter for documentation of an ultrasound examination. 2014 by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine downloaded. Available at: http://www.aium.org/resources/guidelines/documentation.pdf. Accessed October 30, 2017.
2013 AIUM practice parameter for performance of ultrasound of the head and neck. Available at: http://www.aium.org/resources/guidelines/headNeck.pdf. Accessed November 05, 2017.
Hoffman HT, editor. Iowa head and neck protocols “figures for ultrasound guided salivary gland techniques and interpretations”. Available at: https://medicine.uiowa.edu/iowaprotocols/figures-ultrasound-guided-salivary-gland-techniques-and-interpretations. Accessed November 20, 2017.
- Clinical associations of incidentally detected parotid gland calcification on CT.Laryngoscope. 2015; 125: 1360-1365
- Value of sonography in the diagnosis of sialolithiasis.J Ultrasound Med. 2017; 36: 2227-2235
- Salivary simulation with ascorbic acid enhances sonographic diagnosis of obstructive sialadenitis.J Clin Ultrasound. 2009; 37: 329-332
- How reliable is sonography in the assessment of sialolithiasis?.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013; 201: W104-W109
- Comparative analysis of sialendoscopy, sonography, and CBCT in the detection of sialolithiasis.Laryngoscope. 2015; 125: 1098-1101
- Sonopalpation: a novel application of ultrasound for detection of submandibular calculi.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014; 151: 770-775
- Salivary duct strictures:nature and incidence in benign salivary obstruction.Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2007; 36: 63-67
- Incidence of different causes of benign obstructive of the salivary glands: retrospective analysis of 493 cases using fluoroscopy and digital subtraction sialography.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015; 53: 54-57
- Is there a role for ultrasound-guided balloon sialoplasty technique in salivary gland structures.Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2017; 46: 20170088
- Surgeon-performed ultrasound for chronic obstructive sialadenitis helps predict sialendoscopic findings and outcomes.Otolarygnol Head Neck Surg. 2017; 157: 973-980
- Toward new classification criteria for Sjogren’s syndrome?.Arthritis Rheum. 2013; 65: 21-23
- Salivary gland ultrasound abnormalities in primary Sjögren’s syndrome: consensual US-Score items definition and reliability.RMD Open. 2017; 3: eooo364
- Ultrasound of the salivary glands is a strong predictor of labial gland biopsy histopathology in patients with sicca symptoms.J Oral Pathol Med. 2016; 45: 450-454
Miriam Webster Dictionary. Available at: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/distal. Accessed November 23, 2017.
- Retrograde sialendoscopy: a new technique for avoiding retained ductal stones.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2012; 121: 38-43
Hoffman HT, editor. Iowa head and neck protocols “Botulinum neurotoxin treatment of salivary gland disorders”. Available at: https://medicine.uiowa.edu/iowaprotocols/botulinum-neurotoxin-treatment-salivary-gland-disorders. Accessed November 20, 2017.
- Ultrasonographic anatomy of head and neck- a pictorial for the ENT specialist.Med Ultrason. 2015; 17: 104-108
- AFRI quantitative elastography of the submandibular glands. Normal measurements and the diagnosis value of the method in radiation submaxillitis.Med Ultrason. 2013; 15: 173-179
- Shear wave elastography: a new ultrasound imaging mode for the differential diagnosis of benign and malignant thyroid nodules.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010; 95: 5281-5288
- Advances in imaging of obstructed salivary glands can improve diagnostic outcomes.Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013; 17: 11-19
- Sonography of the salivary glands.Eur Radiol. 2003; 13: 964-975
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound in the evaluation of parotid gland lesions: an update of the literature.Ultrasound. 2016; 24: 104-110
- Intraductally applied contrast-enhanced ultrasound (IA-Ceus) for evaluating obstructive disease and secretory dysfunction of the salivary glands.Eur Radiol. 2011; 21: 1339-1348
Disclosure Statement: Research consultant for Cook Medical Inc, Research consultant for Iotamotion, Contributing author to UpToDate (H.T. Hoffman). No disclosures (N.A. Pagedar).