Fat grafting complications from overinjection or underinjection volumes are common issues that are dramatically improved by proper instrumentation and the techniques discussed herein.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Blindness following cosmetic injections of the face.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012; 129: 995-1012
- Sudden visual loss and multiple cerebral infarction after autologous fat injection into the glabella.Derm Surg. 2014; 40: 485-487
- Sudden unilateral visual loss after autologous fat injection into the glabellar area.Am J Opthalmol. 1989; 107: 85-87
- Autologous fat transfer: an in-depth look at varying concepts and techniques.Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2007; 15: 99-111
- Ocular pain and impending blindness during facial cosmetic injections: is your office prepared?.Aesth Plast Surg. 2017; 41: 199-203
- Blindness caused by cosmetic filler injection: a review of cause and therapy.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014; 134: 1197-1201
- Prevention and management of vision loss relating to facial filler injections.Singapore Med J. 2016; 57: 438-443
- Long-term results of fat transplantation: clinical and histologic studies.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1994; 94: 496-506
- How does fat survive and remodel after grafting?.Clin Plast Surg. 2015; 42: 181-190
- Platelet-rich plasma mixed-fat grafting: a reasonable prosurvival strategy for fat grafts?.Aesth Plast Surg. 2014; 38: 1041-1049
- The safety and efficacy of cell-assisted fat grafting to traditional fat grafting in the anterior mid-face: an indirect assessment by 3D imaging.Aesth Plast Surg. 2015; 39: 833-846
- Tumescent liposuction without lidocaine.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016; 4: e829
Published online: December 19, 2017
Disclosure Statement: The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2017 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.