Fat grafting is a foundational esthetic procedure that remains relevant nearly a hundred years after its advent.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Facial sculpturing by fat grafting.in: Kalantar Motamedi M.H. A textbook of advanced oral and maxillofacial surgery. InTech, London, United Kingdom2013: 813-828
- Fettransplantation.Chir Kongr Verhandl Deutsche Gesellschaft für Chir. 1893; 22: 66
- Loss of weight and volume in human fat grafts: with postulation of a “cell survival theory”.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1950; 5: 217-230
- The fat cell “graft”: a new technique to fill depressions.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1986; 78: 122-123
- Reduction syringe liposculpturing.Dermatol Clin. 1990; 8: 539-551
- Autologous fat injection.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1991; 88: 543-544
- Transplantation of purified autologous fat: a 3-year follow-up is disappointing.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1991; 87: 219-227
- The technique of periorbital lipoinfiltration.Oper Tech Plast Surg. 1994; 1: 120-126
- Long-term survival of fat transplants: controlled demonstrations.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1995; 19: 421-425
- Fat grafting: current concept, clinical application, and regenerative potential, part 1.Clin Plast Surg. 2015; 42: ix-x
- Current thoughts on fat grafting: using the evidence to determine fact or fiction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016; 137: 818-824
- Fat grafting: evidence-based review on autologous fat harvesting, processing, reinjection, and storage.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012; 130: 249-258
- Current perspective and limitations of autologous fat transplantation–“consensus meeting” of the German Society of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeons at Hannover; 2009.Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir. 2010; 42 ([in German]): 137-142
- The current state of fat grafting: a review of harvesting, processing, and injection techniques.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015; 136: 897-912
- Comparison of 3 techniques of fat grafting and cell-supplemented lipotransfer in athymic rats: a pilot study.Aesthet Surg J. 2013; 33: 713-721
- Structural fat augmenation of the face and hands.in: Aston S. Aesthetic plastic surgery. Elsevier, Edinburgh, United Kingdom2009: 861-864
- Autologous fat transfer: an in-depth look at varying concepts and techniques.Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2007; 15: 99-111
- Fat grafting for facial filling and regeneration.Clin Plast Surg. 2015; 42: 289-300
- Periorbital rejuvenation combining fat grafting and blepharoplasties.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2003; 27: 243-253
- In search of improved fat transfer viability: a quantitative analysis of the role of centrifugation and harvest site.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004; 113: 391
- Searching for the favorable donor site for fat injection: in vivo study using the nude mice model.Dermatol Surg. 2005; 31: 1304-1307
- Selection of donor site for fat grafting and cell isolation.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2013; 37: 153-158
- Fat grafting.in: Jones A.P. Janis J.E. Chapter 89. Essentials of plastic surgery. 2nd edition. Thieme Medical Publisher, Inc, St. Louis2015: 740-747
- The zones of adherence: role in minimizing and preventing contour deformities in liposuction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001; 107: 1562-1569
- Vacuum-assisted adipose tissue suction technique (VAST) to optimize fat harvesting.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2013; 37: 816-821
- Viability and adipogenic potential of human adipose tissue processed cell population obtained from pump-assisted and syringe-assisted liposuction.J Dermatol Sci. 2005; 37: 169-176
- Wet and dry techniques for structural fat graft harvesting: histomorphometric and cell viability assessments of lipoaspirated samples.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012; 130: 331e-339e
- Facial recontouring with lipostructure.Clin Plast Surg. 1997; 24: 347-367
- Fat-grafting injection for soft-tissue augmentation.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1989; 84 ([discussion: 935]): 921-934
- Viability of fat obtained by syringe suction lipectomy: effects of local anesthesia with lidocaine.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1995; 19: 335-339
- Autologous fat grafting: a study of residual intracellular adipocyte lidocaine concentrations after serial rinsing with normal saline.Am J Cosmet Surg. 1999; 16: 123-126
- Grading lipoaspirate: is there an optimal density for fat grafting?.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013; 131: 38-45
- Fat transfer techniques: the effect of harvest and transfer methods on adipocyte viability and review of the literature.Dermatol Surg. 2001; 27: 819-826
- Comparison of techniques for long-term storage of fat grafts: an experimental study.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006; 118: 1533-1537
- Autologous fat transfer national consensus survey: trends in techniques for harvest, preparation, and application, and perception of short- and long-term results.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007; 119: 323-331
Published online: December 07, 2017
Disclosure Statement: The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2017 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.