Oral mucosal swelling, ulceration or red-white lesions may be caused by an aberrant immune response.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Orofacial granulomatosis: clinical features and long-term outcome of therapy.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010; 62: 611-620
- Distinguishing orofacial granulomatosis from Crohn's disease: two separate disease entities?.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011; 17: 2109-2115
- Patch testing for food-associated allergies in orofacial granulomatosis.J Oral Pathol Med. 2011; 40: 10-13
- Orofacial granulomatosis in children: think about Crohn's disease.Dig Liver Dis. 2015; 47: 338-341
- Characteristics of patients with orofacial granulomatosis.Oral Dis. 2011; 17: 696-704
- Orofacial granulomatosis.Clin Dermatol. 2016; 34: 505-513
- Clinical behaviour and long-term therapeutic response in orofacial granulomatosis patients treated with intralesional triamcinolone acetonide injections alone or in combination with topical pimecrolimus 1%.J Oral Pathol Med. 2013; 42: 73-81
- Clinical evidence for allergy in orofacial granulomatosis and inflammatory bowel disease.Clin Transl Allergy. 2013; 3: 26
- Urban legends: recurrent aphthous stomatitis.Oral Dis. 2011; 17: 755-770
- Clinical practice. Aphthous ulceration.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 165-172
- Recurrent oral ulcers.JAMA. 2015; 313: 2373-2374
- Behcet's disease: epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis.Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2017; 13: 57-65
- Update on the diagnosis and management of Behcet's disease.Open Access Rheumatol. 2015; 7: 1-8
- Oral and maxillofacial pathology.4th edition. Elsevier, St. Louis (MO)2016
- Pathologic basis of disease.8th edition. Saunders/Elsevier, Philadelphia2010
- Oral erythema multiforme: trends and clinical findings of a large retrospective European case series.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2015; 120: 707-716
- Long-term valacyclovir treatment and immune modulation for Herpes-associated erythema multiforme.Cent Eur J Immunol. 2015; 40: 387-390
- Interventions for treating oral lichen planus.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; (CD001168)
- The possible premalignant character of oral lichen planus and oral lichenoid lesions: a prospective five-year follow-up study of 192 patients.Oral Oncol. 2007; 43: 742-748
- Current controversies in oral lichen planus: report of an international consensus meeting. Part 2. Clinical management and malignant transformation.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2005; 100: 164-178
- Oral lichenoid contact lesions to mercury and dental amalgam–a review.J Biomed Biotechnol. 2012; 2012: 589569
- The role of histopathological characteristics in distinguishing amalgam-associated oral lichenoid reactions and oral lichen planus.J Oral Pathol Med. 2006; 35: 233-240
- Oral lichen planus and oral lichenoid lesions; a critical appraisal with emphasis on the diagnostic aspects.Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2009; 14: E310-E314
- Contact allergy to cinnamon: case report.J Can Dent Assoc. 2008; 74: 445-461
- Cinnamon-induced oral mucosal contact reaction.Open Dent J. 2015; 9: 257-259
The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2017 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.