The role of soft tissue injury within the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) in mandibular fractures in general and condyle fractures in particular has been often overlooked.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Magnetic resonance imaging evaluation of temporomandibular joint and associated soft tissue changes following acute condylar injury.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012; 70: 2829
- The arthroscopic appearance of acute mandibular trauma.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1990; 48: 780-783
- Surgical management of a projectile within the temporomandibular joint.J Craniofac Surg. 2012; 23: 613-615
- Functional and radiological results of open and closed treatment of intracapsular (diacapitular) condylar fractures of the mandible.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005; 34: 597-604
- A preliminary report of arthroscopic findings following acute condylar trauma.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1991; 49: 55
- Open versus closed treatment of unilateral moderately displaced mandibular condylar fractures: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2013; 116: 169-173
- Magnetic resonance imaging assessment of acute soft tissue injuries to the temporomandibular joint.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1995; 53: 763
- Severity of soft tissue injury within the temporomandibular joint following condylar fracture as seen on magnetic resonance imaging and its impact on outcome of functional management.Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015; 73: 2379
- Options for immediate reconstruction of the traumatized temporomandibular joint.J Craniomaxillofac Trauma. 1998; 4: 22-29
- Does soft tissue injury affect intracapsular condylar fracture healing?.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015; 73: 2169-2180
Published online: December 22, 2016
© 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.