Careful evaluation of the malocclusion, TMD symptoms, and myofascial pain dysfunction help to guide the practitioner along appropriate treatment modalities.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Prosthetic rehabilitation of a patient with unilateral dislocated condyle fracture after treatment with a mandibular repositioning splint: a clinical report.J Prosthet Dent. 2013; 109: 367-372
- Treatment of malocclusion and TMJ dysfunction secondary to condylar fractures.Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr. 2009; 2: 1-18
- Stability of anterior open-bite treatment with occlusal adjustment.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2010; 138: 14.e1-e7
- Evaluation of anterior open-bite treatment with occlusal adjustment.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2008; 134: 10-11
- Stability of orthodontic treatment outcome: follow-up until 10 years postretention.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1999; 115: 300-304
- Correction of the occlusal and functional sequelae of mandibular condyle fractures using orthodontic mini-implant molar intrusion.J Orthod. 2014; 41: 245-253
- Maxillary molar intrusion with fixed appliances and mini-implant anchorage studied in three dimensions.Angle Orthod. 2005; 75: 754-760
- Severe open bite due to traumatic condylar fractures treated nonsurgically with implanted miniscrew anchorage.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2013; 143: S137-S147
- Skeletal anchorage system for open-bite correction.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1999; 115: 166-174
- Closing anterior open bites by intruding molars with titanium miniplate anchorage.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2002; 122: 593-600
- Open bite: spectrum of treatment potentials and limitations.Semin Orthod. 2013; 19: 239-252
- Nonextraction treatment of an open bite with microscrew implant anchorage.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2006; 130: 391-402
- Occlusal and temporomandibular joint disorders in patients with unilateral condylar fracture. A prospective one-year study.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998; 27: 280-285
- Severe osteoarthrosis after fracture of the mandibular condyle: a clinical and histologic study of seven patients.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1944; 52: 138-142
- A retrospective study of temporomandibular joint ankyloses secondary to surgical treatment of mandibular condylar fractures.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2014; 52: 270-274
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery.Saunders, St Louis (MO)2009
- Treatment of temporomandibular joint ankylosis by a modified fossa prosthesis.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2002; 32: 296-299
- A protocol for management of temporomandibular joint ankylosis.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1990; 48: 1145-1151
- Reconstruction of the mandibular condyle using ramus osteotomies: a preliminary report.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1989; 47: 367-377
- Costochondral grafting for posttraumatic temporomandibular joint reconstruction: a review of six cases.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1989; 47: 1030-1036
- Temporomandibular joint ankylosis: surgical treatment and long-term results.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1989; 47: 900-906
- Correction of malunion of a mandibular fracture with disfiguring malocclusion.Am J Orthod Oral Surg. 1945; 31: 310-317
Published online: December 14, 2016
Disclosure Statement: The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.