The anatomy of the condylar region is complicated, but understandable and negotiable.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The Edwin Smith Surgical papyrus (facsimile and hieroglyphic transliteration with translation and commentary, in two volumes).The University of Chicago Press, Chicago1930
- Memoire sur la fracture des condyles de la machoire inferieure.Euvres Chirurgicales, Paris1813
- The epidemiology of mandibular fractures in the United States, Part 1: a review of 13,142 cases from the US National Trauma Data Bank.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015; 73: 2361-2366
- Incidence and patterns of mandibular condyle fractures.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010; 68: 1252-1259
- Indications for open reduction of mandibular condyle fractures.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1983; 41: 89-98
- Anatomy and pathophysiology of the temporomandibular joint.in: Milora M. Ghali G.E. Larsen P. Peterson’s principles of oral and maxillofacial surgery. 3rd edition. People’s Medical Publishing House, Shelton (CT)2012: 1033-1047
- Functional anatomy of the temporomandibular joint.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1987; 25: 92-99
- Neural elements in the human temporomandibular articular disc.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1992; 50: 334-337
- The morphogenesis of the human discomalleolar and sphenomandibular ligaments.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 1995; 23: 42-46
- Poster 6: architecture of the human lateral pterygoid muscle: a novel 3-dimensional analysis.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2003; 61: 83-84
- Prevalence of the third head of the lateral pterygoid muscle: a magnetic resonance image study.Int J Morphol. 2009; 27: 1043-1046
- Variation of the heads of the lateral pterygoid muscle and morphology of articular disc of human temporomandibular joint - anatomical and histological analysis.J Oral Rehabil. 2001; 28: 560-571
- Applied surgical anatomy of the head and neck.in: Fonseca R.J. Walker R.V. Barber D. Oral and maxillofacial trauma. 4th edition. Saunders, St Louis (MO)2013: 177-219
- Anatomy of the structures medial to the temporomandibular joint.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 1999; 88: 674-678
- Free grafting of traumatically displaced or resected mandibular condyles.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1989; 47: 228-232
- The distribution of the auriculotemporal nerve around the temporomandibular joint.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 1998; 86: 165-168
- A modified pre auricular approach to the temporomandibular joint and malar arch.Br J Oral Surg. 1979; 17: 91-103
- Prospective study of morbidity associated with open reduction and internal fixation of the fractured condyle by the transparotid approach.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009; 47: 370-373
- Surgical anatomy of the mandibular ramus of the facial nerve based on the dissection of 100 facial halves.Plast Reconstr Surg Transplant Bull. 1962; 29: 266-272
- Treatment of mandibular condylar process fractures: biological considerations.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005; 63: 115-134
- The thickness of the roof of the glenoid fossa in the temporomandibular joint: relationship to the MRI findings.Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2006; 35: 357-364
- Bite forces after open or closed treatment of mandibular condylar process fractures.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2001; 59: 389-395
- Surgical versus non-surgical treatment of mandibular condylar fractures: a meta-analysis.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015; 44: 158-179
Published online: December 14, 2016
Disclosures: The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.