Treatment of mandibular condyle fractures is still controversial, with surgical treatment slowly becoming the preferred option.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Soft tissue reduction during open treatment of intracapsular condylar fracture of the temporomandibular joint: our institution’s experience.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012; 68: 2189-2195
- Open reduction and internal fixation of intra-articular fractures of the mandibular condyle: our first experiences.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008; 66: 2123-2129
- Retrieval of the displaced condylar fragment with a screw: simple method of reduction and stabilisation of high and intracapsular condylar fractures.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 49: 58-61
- Nomenclature/classification of fractures of the mandibular condylar head.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010; 48: 477-478
- Computer-assisted preoperative simulation for screw fixation of fractures of the condylar head.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013; 51: 176-177
- Fixation of comminuted diacapitular fractures of the mandibular condyle with ultrasound-activated resorbable pins.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008; 46: 482-484
- Functional and radiological results of open and closed treatment of intracapsular (diacapitular) condylar fractures of the mandible.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005; 34: 597-604
- Modified preauricular approach and rigid internal fixation for intracapsular condyle fracture of the mandible.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010; 68: 1578-1584
- Computer-assisted virtual technology in intracapsular condylar fracture with two resorbable long-screws.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013; 51: 138-143
- Intracapsular condylar fracture of the mandible: our classification and open treatment experience.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009; 67: 1672-1679
- New aspects for indications of surgical management of intra-articular and high temporomandibular dislocation fractures.Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir. 1999; 3 ([in German]): 24-29
- Surgical treatment on displaced and dislocated sagittal fractures of the mandibular condyle.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2011; 111: 693-699
- Surgical reduction and fixation of intracapsular condylar fractures. A follow up study.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998; 27: 191-194
- Minimally invasive fracture treatment with cannulated lag screws in intracapsular fractures of the condyle.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006; 64: 868-872
- Fixation of dicapitular fractures of the mandibular condyle with a headless bone screw.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007; 45: 399-401
- Treatment of intracapsular condylar fractures with resorbable pins.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 69: 3019-3025
- Minimally-invasive open reduction of intracapsular condylar fractures with preoperative simulation using computer-aided design.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013; 51: e29-e33
- Magnetic resonance imaging assessment of temporomandibular joint soft tissue injuries of intracapsular condylar fracture.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013; 51: 133-137
- Reduction of diacapitular fractures of the mandibular condyle using a special repositioning pin.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009; 47: 558-559
- Current opinions on surgical treatment of fractures of the condylar head.Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr. 2014 Jun; 7: 92-100
Published online: December 21, 2016
© 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.