If one performs mandibular surgery first, rigid fixation is mandatory.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Correction of jaw deformities involving simultaneous osteotomy of the mandible and maxilla.J Maxillofac Surg. 1978; 6: 239
- An alternate approach for staging simultaneous maxillary and mandibular osteotomies.Int J Adult Orthodon Orthognath Surg. 1987; 2: 75
- Altered orthognathic surgical sequencing and a modified approach to model surgery.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1994; 52: 1010
- Justification for the mandibular- maxillary order in bimaxillary osteotomy.Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac. 2009; 110: 323
- Accuracy of model surgery: evaluation of an old technique and introduction of a new one.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1990; 48: 1161-1167
- Progressive class II development: female idiopathic condylar resorption.Oral Maxillofacial Surg Clin N Am. 1990; 2: 699
- Changes in TMJ dysfunction after orthognathic surgery.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002; 61: 655
- A simple and accurate method for mounting models in orthognathic surgery.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007; 65: 1406
- Stability after reoperation for progressive condylar resorption after orthognathic surgery: report of seven cases.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1994; 52: 460
- Condylar changes after orthognathic surgery with untreated TMJ internal derangement.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998; 56: 61
Published online: November 23, 2015
© 2016 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.