Intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy is a useful osteotomy for mandibular setback and rotational movements of the mandible.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Treatment of temporomandibular joint dysfunction by intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy.Int J Adult Orthodon Orthognath Surg. 1990; 5: 9-27
- Condylotomy in surgery of the temporomandibular joint.Oral Maxfac Clin North Am. 1989; 4: 303-312
- One and three-year prospective outcome study of modified condylotomy for treatment of reducing disc displacement.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2000; 58: 7-17
- Condylar luxation following bilateral intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2007; 104: 747-751
- Evaluation and refinement of the intraoral vertical subcondylar osteotomy.J Oral Surg. 1975; 33: 333-341
- Further refinement and evaluation of intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1987; 45: 684-688
- Is there a difference in stability and sensory function between bilateral sagittal split ramus osteotomy and intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy for mandibular setback?.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015; 73: 1360-1371
- Intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy as the preferred treatment for mandibular prognathism.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2000; 58: 313-315
- Dentofacial deformities: surgical-orthodontic correction.Mosby, St Louis (MO)1980: 58-65
- Prevention of relapse following intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy mandibular setback: can coronoidotomy help?.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2011; 111: 557-560
- Inferior alveolar nerve function after mandibular osteotomies.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998; 36: 425-428
- Long-term neurosensory deficits following transoral vertical ramus osteotomy and sagittal split osteotomies for mandibular prognathism.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1986; 44: 193-196
- Intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy: a simple method to prevent medial trapping of the proximal fragment.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010; 39: 289-291
- Complications related to the intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy.Int J Oral Surg. 1985; 14: 319-324
- Hemorrhage following mandibular osteotomies: a report of 21 cases.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1991; 49: 713-724
- Risk of maxillary artery injury during an intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy in Japanese patients is high—is it enough just to avoid damaging the inferior alveolar nerve?.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2014; 72: 1373-1390
Published online: November 23, 2015
© 2016 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.