- a.Inflammatory arthritis involving the TMJ not responsive to other modalities of treatment
- b.Recurrent fibrosis and/or bony ankylosis not responsive to other modalities of treatment
- c.Failed tissue grafts (bone and soft tissue)
- d.Failed alloplastic joint reconstruction
- e.Loss of vertical mandibular height and/or occlusal relationship due to bony resorption, trauma, developmental abnormalities, or pathologic lesions.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
- The use of alloplastic prostheses for temporomandibular joint reconstruction.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2000; 58: 70-75
- The TMJ Concepts patient fitted total temporomandibular joint reconstruction prosthesis.Oral Maxillofac Clin North Am. 2000; 12: 73-91
- Principles for the revision of TMJ prostheses.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2003; 32: 353-359
- Long term outcomes after total alloplastic TMJ reconstruction following exposure to failed materials.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004; 62: 1088-1096
- Alloplastic vs. autogenous temporomandibular joint reconstruction.Oral Maxillofac Clin North Am. 2006; 18: 399-411
- Microbial biofilms—a potential source of alloplastic device failure.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006; 64: 1303-1309
- 14-year follow-up of a patient fitted total temporomandibular joint reconstruction system.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007; 65: 1140-1148
- A rationale for alloplastic temporomandibular joint reconstruction in the management of idiopathic/progressive condylar resorption.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007; 65: 1600-1609
- Temporomandibular joint reconstruction.in: Fonseca R. Oral and Maxillofac Surg. Elsevier, Philadelphia2008: 945-960
- Outcomes of total alloplastic replacement with peri-articular autogenous fat grafting for management of re-ankylosis of the temporomandibular joint.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008; 66: 1794-1803
- Considerations for the use of alloplastic temporomandibular joint replacement in the growing patient.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009; 67: 1979-1990
Financial disclosure: Dr Mercuri has stock ownership and is a paid Clinical Consultant for TMJ Concepts (Ventura, CA).